Friday, March 30, 2007

Death as An Advisor

Good Day All that Is,

It's a perfect day here in San Diego. But then, we have a lot of them. I'd call it an 11 because it's still cool.

So the question is, what are you waiting for? Hmm? I'll add another question to that one: why aren't you where you want to be? Hmm? If you make a list of all the things you think got in your way, re-read it. Now listen. They were all you. All of them.

Life isn't a dress rehearsal. Today is the day. Today is the one you have. That's it. One day at a time is how you get them. Why the lethargy? Over-busy? Doing what you really want to do? Being with the folks you want to be with? Creating that which makes you pleased with yourself? Derailed?

Using death as your advisor is the wisest counselor you could entertain. Think about it. What if just before you plot your day, or say something to someone, or make a plan you asked yourself, "If I knew I were going to die tomorrow, would I do this? Would I say this? Would I think this was really meaningful to me? Would I scratch it pronto? or What then would I move to the top of the list? What else would I say? To whom would I say it? What project would I turn my focus to with full throttle? What would I stop doing? What would I do differently if I had the chance?"

Well, you have today. You have the chance. You have the time.

For me the bottom-line question is: "Is what I am focusing on today, saying this minute, being now going to make me say to myself when I'm heading to the other side, well done, Kath."

No more excuses, no more blame. Just bloody well get on with it! Make love. Create your opus. Play. Make your impact! Take up your bed and walk. Live it deeply and slowly and meaningfully. Bring the fullness of yourSELF to now, to the project, to the conversation to your physicality. Apply your Spirit in every facet of your life. Watch yourself change the way things are done, accepted and perceived because you brought yourSElf to the table.

That is when either/or transforms to "and". That's when solutions show up that no one could have imagined. That's when It IS ANSWERED.

Talk to death today and take its advice....


Thanks for reading! k
Link

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

As Featured On Ezine Articles

Sign Up Now for the Applied Spirituality NewsLetter. You will get practical tools, tips and techniques that - when applied -  will change your life!
Aren't you ready for all the good stuff ?

Email:
    follow me on Twitter



    I Heart AWeber.com

    Do you love email marketing?