Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christ Is A Consciousnes

Good Morning Everyone,

Recently I've been reading a really great book written by Depak Chopra, one of my heroes in life.
It's called, The Third Jesus, The Christ We Cannot Ignore. Bless him, for he has the eloquence and perspicacity to write the things I've espoused since I was a young girl.

Evidently Chopra, who was raised in India, was schooled in the Catholic Church by missionaries. He is open-minded and has the vantage point of blending different schools of thought: Buddhist teachings with ancient Ayurvedic Medicine and Christianity with Western Medicine. His mind looks for the Truth, which is usually found in the commonalities.

I've had the privilege of meeting Chopra twice, although I doubt he would remember me. But the first time was just after I had written my first book. I had written on my "knowing". I had no evidence that what I knew to be True was fact. In listening to the lecture, he began putting the science beneath my "knowing". I remember sitting in the audience with tears streaming down my face. Thank you, I thought. For the Western World is all about science and facts, dismissing "knowing" as heresy and airy fairy. This one man has done more for bridging the nonphysical world and the physical world as well as the spiritual world the religious world.

In his most recent book he takes the four gospels and isolates the words that are directly attributed to Jesus and talks about them in terms of not literal, but in higher consciousness.

As I was listening to the book, the same phenomenon occurred with me, the tears were streaming down my little cheeks. I have always felt Jesus as a guide, not a savior. I have always thought of him as sort of a "big brother". The kind that is infinitely compassionate and willing to take his little sister on his journey, or show her the Way.

In the 1990's I was doing a type of chiropractic called Network, created by Donny Epstein. It is a very esoteric type of work, encouraging the Life Force to move up through the spine and as It does, it reveals the beliefs and behavior patterns that block the Truth. During many of those "clear outs" as they are called, this figure, Jesus would come to me and assist in my clearings. He was always jovial and easy natured, laughing quickly and cajoling me in my seriousness. Once we were swinging from swings hung on the stars. I remember him pointing to this giant patch of light on Earth. "See there," he smiled at me, "that's your life." This is the way I have felt about Jesus. He has and does come to me in other ways, as well. To help me build Trust in the Universe, he has had me mentally stand on the brink of the Grand Canyon, backwards. He walks out into the air and tells me to fall backwards. This little exercise took about 6 months before I could do it mentally. When I had achieved that, he moved out from behind me, standing now in front of me, and told me to fall backwards again, into the arms of All That Is, or God. That one took another 6 months, until I could realize that I am totally loved and supported without Him intervening in any way.

I have been very concerned about Christianity. At one point in my studies in the 1990's I undertook reading European History in order to find out what went wrong. It's a dismal account of the history of the church and the men that would use religion as a means of power. I grew up in the Eastern Orthodox Church, "the original church", but missed all the human-mind dogma as the sermons and scriptures were recited in Serbian. This, I now realize, was the ultimate blessing.

When I began my personal investigation into my own spirituality, I "knew" it was about Love.
I was so confused about the human version that I saw demonstrated around me, vs. my own knowing. When I wanted to get married, my priest could not marry us because my husband-to-be was not Orthodox, and the Bishop would not give his consent. At 19 years old I challenged the priest, "Who do you work for? The Bishop or God?" Always I've had this deep, profound understanding that religion was not God; and it is certainly not spirituality.

This is the time. It is now. All things that are not grounded in Truth will wash away as they were built on sand. Things grounded in Universal Truth, or God, will stand. Jesus was not a Christian. Jesus was a man, who in his lifetime, awakened to his true identity and achieved the Christed consciousness. This is what he asked us to do then, and is ready, willing and able to help us do now, individually. This is not a group activity, it is personal, intimate, and uniquely yours.

Applied Spirituality is the term I have coined to point the way for the individual to do that personal, intimate journey back into Oneness for him or her self. Like Jesus, I can only be a guide, I am not the map; nor is Jesus.

At the core of each of us is that Godchip, that Godchip is in the Field of Consciousness - the highest Field of Consciousness. We contact that, and It guides our way perfectly. This is applied spirituality, living the Christed Consciousness in the physical body like Jesus did, and Buddha and Krishna and others. You are perfectly wired for this journey in consciousness.

Depak refers to the Gnostic Gospels in his book. I'm going to read those.

Thanks for reading!

Kath

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

As Featured On Ezine Articles

Sign Up Now for the Applied Spirituality NewsLetter. You will get practical tools, tips and techniques that - when applied -  will change your life!
Aren't you ready for all the good stuff ?

Email:
    follow me on Twitter



    I Heart AWeber.com

    Do you love email marketing?