Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Our National Shadow: Fear

Hello Everyone,

Like all of us, I work constantly to make sense out of every day events, only I seek to understand them from the perspective of Source, and the evolution of our species.

Today in response to my asking, a very enlightened view came into my inbox from Depak Chopra. I've met Depak on two separate occasions. The first was upon finishing my first book, Well Done, which had as its bedrock, simply my knowing. In his speech he put the science into my knowing, for which I was and am, eternally grateful.

Ever since the Republicans offered us Sarah Palin, I've been scratching my head. She's a lovely woman and truly a dynamo, but as to the question: is she presidential material? I keep coming back to I just don't see it.

I live in a very small town in the mountains. I have also lived in Montana. In places like this all you have to do is stand up and you, too, can become a "leader". This, trust me, doesn't mean you know beans about anything, it just means you saw the opening and filled it. It is not hard to be a leader in a backwoods community.

But despite that, there was still something else... something puppet like or Stepford-wife like.
Then, I got it. Palin is the "good girl" who espouses the patriarchal values, even though they are not in her best interest as a woman. I used to be one of them. Chopra speaks of Palin as the "shadow side". He is correct. The shadow is the driving force rooted in fear that will do just about anything to keep you from embracing your GodSelf.

Obama is appealing to us, as a people, to reach for our Highest Self, which requires leaving your fears behind and boldly going forward into a new adventure.

There is an expression, if not an observable phenomenon, in inner growth work that goes like this: when you call forth your Highest Good and reach for better and more; all that is unlike it comes up first for clearing. I have personally experienced this in my own life, but missed the point that it happens collectively as well. This is where Depak nailed it.

Temptation comes in pleasing forms and shapes. Certainly Sara Palin is just that. But she does represent the pleasing shadow, but shadow none the less, as what she offer us is still rooted in fear and limitations.

I urge you to read Depak Chopras article, Obama and the Palin Effect: http://www.chopra.com/node/1064

This is a giant turning point in the road for Americans. They sold us fear and have led us like lemming via fear thus far. Are you sick of being afraid yet?

There is nothing for us to be afraid of, unless of course you are afraid. Then, you stay enslaved. That's pretty scary to me.

Patrick Henry said it best, "Give me liberty or give me death." Personally, I choose liberty - from fear and those who would use that as a substitute for leadership.

Thanks for reading!


Kath

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

As Featured On Ezine Articles

Sign Up Now for the Applied Spirituality NewsLetter. You will get practical tools, tips and techniques that - when applied -  will change your life!
Aren't you ready for all the good stuff ?

Email:
    follow me on Twitter



    I Heart AWeber.com

    Do you love email marketing?