Thursday, August 2, 2007

Never Ever Too Late

Good Day All that Is,

Well, how are you today? It's a good day. No, it's a GREAT Day!

I was so jazzed to see this article that appeared this morning on Yahoo News. A woman in Australia has received her Masters Degree at age 94 (see link)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070802/wl_nm/australia_masters_dc_1

So there, all you naysayers who think life stops at 40 or 50 or 69 or....
We are eternal creatures who never run out of time and never get it all finished. We just keep on going, changing, creating, evolving and expanding.

What I love about this lady is she just did it. When I worked at the San Diego County Library, I would hear from older citizens all the time, "No, the computer's not for me. Too complicated. Too confusing. No. No. No."

Then I would think, well, I guess we're getting ready to die, die, die. There's a line in the movie, The Shawshank Remdemption where the hero says, "It all boils down to you either get busy living, or you get busy dying."

Life is the exuberance within each of us. It's that part that says, "YES! I love that!" or "Yes, I'm curious about that." It never thinks, "Gee, I'm 90, so what's the point." Only a human-conditioned mind would think that thought, which by the way, you can choose to change.

I personally went back to college at age 38 and got my degree just shy of my 40th birthday. There was one HUGE party for that event. We are always more alive, more of Who We Really Are when we are engaged in something that intrigues us, causes us "difficulty", poses a problem, makes us imagine a solution. That's the nitty gritty of life, focusing our Source Energy though this mechanism of mind and body to desire something, imagine it, and then play through the process of watching it unfold before us. That is delicious living at any age.

My life has been a series of re-creations. I've done many, many things. Mostly I've enjoyed them all, troubles and all. But what I've noticed about myself is that once the project is "mastered" or complete, I'm done. I'm ready to try something new. Sometimes I have difficulty with that time of ambiguity when the desire is forming, and I'm not sure what's next; but once I have a taste, then I follow that thread and watch the newest adventure unfold.

Baby Boomers, take heart. You're eternal. You may spend a "Parenthesis in Eternity" [borrowed from Joel Goldsmith] here on planet earth, but it's a never ending adventure. It's only over when you think it is. Why not be engaged, eager, and delighted until the day you decide to leave?

Applied Spirituality is about knowing that eternal Godchip within you and focusing it merrily on each moment, using it to create and expand a delicious life, moment by moment. Apply your Eternal Spirit Now. You'll be really glad you did. You'll know by how it feels....so....GOOD.

Thanks for reading! Kath

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

As Featured On Ezine Articles

Sign Up Now for the Applied Spirituality NewsLetter. You will get practical tools, tips and techniques that - when applied -  will change your life!
Aren't you ready for all the good stuff ?

Email:
    follow me on Twitter



    I Heart AWeber.com

    Do you love email marketing?