Friday, July 27, 2007

good night, and good luck.....

Good Day Everyone,

Yesterday I stopped at the Descanso branch of the San Diego County Library casting about for a movie. I found a jewel. It is called, good night, and good luck. (see link) http://www.clooneystudio.com/goodnightandgoodluck.html

The story is about an American hero, Mr. Edward R Murrow, a CBS newscaster during WWII who broadcast the Battle of Britain and then went on to do news casts for CBS into the 1950's. (see link)
www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/database/murrow_e.html

The story cleared up some things for me that I hadn't realized before now. The movie centers around Mr. Murrow and his news team taking on Senator Joe McCarthy during the witch hunt for Communists during the 1950's. Specifically it's focus is on Mr. Milo Radulovich, of Serbian nationality, who was unceremoniously dismissed from the US Air Force as being a "security risk" without due process. Well, I'm Serbian 100%. So this caught my attention specifically.

As I watched I began to understand why in the 6th grade some kid called me a "commie". Of course I had no idea what he was talking about. My Dad was a B-17 pilot in WWII. He flew the Battle of the Bulge, he dropped food rations to the starving Dutch. (www.390th.org). And then there was my Dad's boss who told him to his face that "no goddam foreigner would promote if he had anything to say about it." All at once I began to understand where this fear and bigotry had come from. You see I was too young to know the history that had come before and from what platform these people were speaking.

I could and I think I will say here that no one escapes bigotry whilst on this planet. It's all that labeling we do. We call people names. Well, I was taught "NO NAME CALLING." That was simply a matter of good manners.
So I never think of people in terms of a tag. I think of them in terms of a human being. There are no women's rights, there are no men's rights, no black rights, no gay rights. There are only HUMAN RIGHTS. And when viewed through the lens of Applied Spirituality, we have a God-unit in human form whose inalienable rights - essential selves are freedom, joy and expansion. No exceptions.

There is another theme that the movie, good night and good luck, brings to the forefront; and that is the theme of television being a tool to distract people from the important and meaningful things of life. My Mom always said, "You can use anything for good or bad, it's up to you." And that goes for television, as well.
The beauty of this system here on planet Earth is that it's all about choice from an unlimited smorgasbord of selections on any topic. And that is the beauty of America and the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. We are an experiment in freedom that allows all thought. We're learning how to have no fear. We each get to choose what ideas we want to think and to pursue. All exist and coexist here. All, no exceptions with no censure. There is no idea to be afraid of, as we each command our own vibrations, which dictate what we get. No one can assert into our experience unless we allow it by our own vibrational countenance. If you are afraid of something, you will attract it. If you fear something, you will make it bigger in your experience.

I have a dear friend on the other side who tells me repeatedly that "You all have nothing to fear; and nothing to worry about. You are all loved beyond measure."

This foray into a film follows on yesterday's theme to "think for yourself" and determine your own future.
"They" don't know anymore than you do. So thank to Edward R Murrow for blowing the "fear whistle" in 1953.
Can I say I'm blowing the "fear whistle" right now in 2007. We have nothing to fear.

Thanks for reading! Kath

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

As Featured On Ezine Articles

Sign Up Now for the Applied Spirituality NewsLetter. You will get practical tools, tips and techniques that - when applied -  will change your life!
Aren't you ready for all the good stuff ?

Email:
    follow me on Twitter



    I Heart AWeber.com

    Do you love email marketing?