Friday, March 2, 2007

Focus

Good Day All!

The entire question is where will you FOCUS your Life Force today? That is your ultimate freedom and choice, I think it's called Free Will. You always get to choose. So, let's talk about your choices.

In 1946 Victor Frankel wrote Man's Search for Meaning. He writes about his years in German concentration camps as a prisoner. Now tell me how bad you have it....In those circumstances Frankel came to profoundly understand that he still had complete sovereignty over what he focused on. He was the master of his own focus, his thoughts. He had become a "selective sifter". Amid what can only be partially imagined at best, he found a way to focus his Life Force and be well.
Somewhere in the Bible I believe it is said (paraphrased) if you make you bed in hell, I'll be there too. It is always with You, because It is You. It is not out there somewhere else. It is, at last, where It has always been within. That Still Small Voice, your very own God-chip. Your Geiger counter, your Pole Star, yourSelf.

Wendell Berry wrote:

The Peace of Wild Things

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

The operative word: free. He chose his focus, he finds his freedom. He finds that Peace that passes human understanding. He practices - applies his spirituality. Applied Spirituality.

The wild things have no human mind to argue them out of well being. Today, notice your pet. Notice a tree. Contemplate their perfect state of well being. The only difference is they know nothing of "other", nothing of "evil", nothing of "human mind", "logic". They know only their perfect and complete well being. You have the ability to be in well being, as well. To choose your focus, to find the God (good) in all things, to see nothing outside of It.

Try it. For a day, then perhaps a week. Put that puppy back on the paper of well being every time you notice it trying to find anything other than Good.....you can do it!

Thanks for reading! k

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

As Featured On Ezine Articles

Sign Up Now for the Applied Spirituality NewsLetter. You will get practical tools, tips and techniques that - when applied -  will change your life!
Aren't you ready for all the good stuff ?

Email:
    follow me on Twitter



    I Heart AWeber.com

    Do you love email marketing?