Friday, December 14, 2007

Seeing Through A Glass Darkly: "Then" is Now

http://warner.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/13/holier-than-they/#comment-15680

13:11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things. 13:12For now we see in a mirror, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know fully even as also I was fully known. 13:13But now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

Good Day Everyone!

In today's New York Times, Judith Warner addresses the essence and therefore the evidence of religion as it is being playing out in the political arena today. I love that these questions are being raised and discussed, as we are beginning to "see through the dark glass". I have opened today's blog with a quote from 1 Corinthians 13:11. It's one of my favorites and a place in the Bible where Truth is able to be felt amidst a lot of human interpretations of mind. I determine this by how it FEELS to me.

One day science will have a gadget that measures Truth/Love. It will be called the Love/Truth Angstrom Meter. It will operate much like a Geiger counter does that detects the amount of radiation. It will be a small screen at the bottom of your TV or in the lower corner of your computer screen. As a program's content unfolds, the meter will detect the level of Source or Light or Truth or whatever you wish to name It, contained in the program.

We already have that Love Angstrom meter Self contained within each of us.

This is that part of everyone of us that our Founding Fathers referred to when they said, "All men are created equal". It is our individual Godchip that is constantly and faithfully "ising" to us the Truth of anything. Our ears and eyes see words and images, but It is constantly telling us the Truth. Often - no, most of the time, what we see and hear is at distinct and diametric odds with what we feel. We struggle with labels today - Christian, Democrat, Republican, Islam, Jew - because the definitions no longer hold but rather shape-shift for convenience.

Where once I felt aligned with the Republican Party because I thought they most closely represented a thought form that believed in the power of the individual as sovereign, I left as they no longer represented that viewpoint. Now I align with no party, but rather cast my votes as an Independent. Free from the label, free to discern as it feels to me.

In America, my home, we have gotten so bogged down with these "names". I can remember my Mom saying, "Don't call people names. It's not nice." She was (and still is) wise. Names trap us into a mental construct that confines us ever into a frozen definition. Yet, we are dynamic as individuals and as a nation.

We are in the throw of growing pains as Nation. Wriggling like a two year old to get free from the stroller, yelling "Let me out!" The stroller we have been strapped into for the past 231 years is the conveyance of religion(s). God love us, we strive to know the Truth; to know God aright; our intentions are so pure, so earnest! And because of these Intentions to Know, we are growing and learning. But in order to walk, run and then soar we have to get out of the stroller.

America is moving from spiritual childhood into spiritual maturity. Nothing in the world scene is separated from the movements of spiritual growth, but indeed reveal in the physical the spiritual movement of the individual and the Nation. The "struggle" that is taking place on the world's scene today regarding religion in America is invigorating, enlightening and expanding us to a new consciousness. And it is time, for we have asked in our individual and collective intentions to know the Truth. Oh, this is what I so love about America - about Us. We are so free that we can ask these questions and allow ourselves to be transformed.

I can also remember as a teenager complaining to my Mom about this ache or that pain. Again in her wisdom she would reply, "It's nothing. Just a growing pain." Likewise America is growing, and because we are reluctant to expand, to let go of old ideas and embrace the expanded truth, we resist and experience such growing pains as a Nation. But the Intentions of our core - our true Nature of God - drive our deepest desires to be the best we can be, to do the right thing, to know More - we will expand, we will evolve, and we will and are growing into our spiritual maturity, leaving "religion" behind as the base camp from which we left long ago when we began our ascent to Know the Truth; to Know God Aright.

Religion constrains our expansion because it is a definition of human-thought labels. Likewise do politics restrain and constrict our expansion as they, too are definitions of human-thought labels. They shift like sand on the beaches. Our essence, our Core is the same: it is Source in each and every single human being. It is the Truth of our beingness that is emerging, like it or not. This emergence confounds the human mind which struggles to hang onto the labels, but if we would shift our trust from "mind" to "gut", ah then.....we Know. This is the evolution that is happening now. So allow me to update 1 Corinthians 13:12:

13:12For THEN we saw in a mirror, darkly; but NOW face to face: THEN I knew in part; but NOW shall I know fully even as also I am fully known. 13:13But always abideth faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love......and love is Who We Really Are.

Exciting times to be alive. It's all so Good. (Good being a noun)

Thanks for reading!


Kath

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

As Featured On Ezine Articles

Sign Up Now for the Applied Spirituality NewsLetter. You will get practical tools, tips and techniques that - when applied -  will change your life!
Aren't you ready for all the good stuff ?

Email:
    follow me on Twitter



    I Heart AWeber.com

    Do you love email marketing?